Help! Can't cope anymore!

I’m at my wit’s end. I’ve suffered with migraines for 16 years both hemiplegic migraine and migraines with vertigo. The vertigo was controlled with Lyrica which DR S put me on. I was also on lamotrigine for the hemiplegic migraines and seizures. The problem is 2 months ago I had to come off Lyrica as my kidneys started to fail then shortly after I had the worst Attack of vertigo I’ve ever had and it’s still not gone. I get one ok day then the next day vertigo is so bad the room is spinning which last 5 to 6 hours and I can’t even turn my head. Dr S put me on pizotifen 0.5 milligrams and my GP has just upped it to 1 milligram. I have only been on it for three weeks but have yet to notice a difference. I have stemetil to try and ease the vertigo but I’m really struggling. Since coming off the lyrica, anxiety and panic attacks have got so bad and I have felt suicidal. I can’t get out of bed without help or do anything I can’t watch TV and can only read for very short periods of time before the vertigo gets worse. I’ve never ever had an attack like this so I’m a bit worried it’s not migraine but I don’t know what else it could be. I’m due to see dr S again on Tuesday so I’m going to ask him for help but I don’t know what else to do. I’ve been on the migraine diet for years and I take vitamin B and B complete and magnesium but nothing is helping.
Has anyone ever had an attack like this that’s different to the usual migraine attack? Normally I get an attack once every month which lasts between 5 to 6 hours and then stops I feel off balance for a few days but it’s settled. I just don’t know how much more of this that I can take as it’s everyday where I can barely turn my head. Has anyone got any advice on what to do?
Also does anyone do vestibular rehabilitation exercises? I can’t even watch tv or read anymore.

I understand! I have not been able to drive since June of 2016. Its ridiculous having people drive you around. My migraines have sent me to a university hospital. I was on prednisone for two weeks. I have not seen any change. Still on Amitriptyline, Verapamil, Vit D, multivitamin . I also take C and B12. Changed my eating and I do yoga. I have never been without driving. I was doing well and then things went bad last May and no one can make it right. Massage on my neck helped and may try Acupuncture soon.

I used to get those kind of attacks. Well let’s just say they have become extremely infrequent now (2 in 10 months)

Have you tried the tricyclics? Amitriptyline was soooooo helpful for me and others have had huge success with Nortriptyline.

I’ve tried amitiptalin but didn’t help at all. Dr s changed my medd now on 0.5 pizotifen and 125mg of lyrica but I’m worsethan ever. I’m completely lost whatto do. I’ve had constant vertigo for 3 months now. Is this still a migraine or should i look into something else?

The only way you can be sure is to be tested by an oto-neurologist as they test your balance system (eyes, ears and brain) and can see exactly what is going on and which bit isn’t working properly. After that they prescribe the correct medication to get things back under control. You may also need neurological physiotherapy which I have been prescribed but haven’t started yet as I am in the UK and these appointments take time to come through. I hope this helps you.