Help and advice needed just been diagnosed with MAV

Hi all just wanted some support and advise really as just diagnosed with MAV. Was initially told it was labs but didn’t fit right. Woke up one day feeling dizzy which gradually progressed over a few weeks to vertigo. Had bad head pressure and pain, pain and pressure in ears, couldnt watch tv or read as made me feel awful. It’s my 11th week which I’m sure compared to some of you is nothing. I am lucky in that I was diagnosed quickly and symptoms have been improving. Im just left with dizziness and off balance symptoms. I have just started with amitriptylin 20mg which I’ve had for about a week but not seeing any difference. I just can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel. I just feel like my life won’t even get back to normal again. I just want to be able to look after my children properly again. Help! X

Be patient, i know its hard, but it is necessary. One week is nothing, wait at last 3 weeks. Ami was the best medicine for me.

I am in 50mg now, started Ami in may.

Thanks so much. It’s just such a scary condition. I hope it means that it’s good news in that my symptoms were getting better even before being on the medication. How do you feel on the ami? The last few nights I have been getting dizziness when I sleep not sure whether it’s a side effect of the ami as have not had that since the beginning.

I felt 90% 20 days ago. No dizziness and some weak headaches in some days, then i had a relapse. I am thinking in up to 55mg, but next week i will start neurostimulation, so i think i will wait a little more to check te new procedures. I also use cefaly every day, did botox shots 4 times and i am taking brintellix 5 mg to help depression.