Had my first major, violent spin attack

I see. I think there is definitely a place for doing your own research and finding out as much as you can about something, but then being able to put it into perspective again once you have been so immersed in it is not always so easy.

I have learned a lot from Mr Google :slight_smile: In fact he is far more knowledgeable on some of the things I have wanted to know than the medical professionals I have seen.

Glad you recovered enough to go out for dinner!

3 Likes

Are any of you on the Compazine in the US? What type of doc is prescribing? GP, neurologist, ENT?

James, - no, I was only ever prescribed Stugeron Forte back in the day, which I see now is ā€˜cinnarazineā€™ (an antihistamine). In higher doses, - presumably why 'Forte" ā€¦it is meant to to have a vasodilator effect,ā€¦(the same as Ginko and Feverfew???) Never seemed to do anything for me and eventually gave it up.

I was later given stemetil (prochlorperazine) that I still take if an episode seems to be heading towards nausea. It is apparently the best of the ā€œmotion sicknessā€ meds for helping with Menieres nausea.

Betahistine is known as Serc here and when I asked the last ENT I saw about it he just brushed it off saying that it is very expensive (this I knew!) and wouldā€™nt help.

Sadly, I think this could be true. It is so very easy to let fear/anxiety take control. I know I was never as badly affected as many here, but I was terrified every day that I had to driveā€¦in case ā€˜itā€™ happened and I felt quite resentful that I HAD to do it. (long story) In hind sight, I realize that if I had not had to do it, I would probably still not be keen to drive! As we live out of townā€¦this would present a huge problem.

BTW James - nothing wrong with being a break dancing grandad if the body will still do what you require of it!!

Couldve been Youtube sensation. ah well! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Kelly. I am in the UK. I have had prescriptions from 2 neurologists and several from my GP. I am very fortunate with my GP as he does listen to me and allow me to try different medications (as well as ones that have been suggested by the neurologist). I donā€™t know if they all do this or not, or if it is different in the US.