Former (cerebellar) tumor patient. Looking for advice for dizziness

I was diagnosed with a cerebellar tumor 3 year ago. It was removed a few weeks after the diagnosis. Although I have improved somewhat, I still can only manage to work about 10-15 hours a week. Some weeks, I want to stay home most of the time. I’ve tried vestibular therapy, and vision therapy, which have helped somewhat. My main symptoms are oscillopsia, positional vertigo, attention (especially hearing in crowds), sinus headaches, eyestrain and sensitivity to light and sound. These are all worse with stress, fatigue and weather changes. However, some times I will have a stretch of 3-4 days where I feel relatively decent.

Recently I saw a psychiatrist that prescribed effexor. I’ve tried it for 4 days. 37.5mg in the morning. So far I don’t feel any better. I probably feel worse on the drug than a typical REALLY bad day off the drug. I suspect ototoxicity as the sensation around the ears is similar to when I tried ear drops. I left the house earlier in the day for a few hours and regretted it. Should I continue?

Your forum has been very helpful and I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with a tumor.