Effexor and SSRIs

Not sure if my other post went thru so here I am again: my update is that I am doing MUCH better on my strange little cocktail of basically everything! 37.5 effexor, 1000mg valacyclovir, 15mg amitriptyline, .25mg Klonopin, .25mg Trazadone. I sleep 8-9 hours a night for the first time in my life. I am up in the morning no problem, am able to drive and just started exercising including Zumba with blasting house music! and a few little jogging adventures. The computer and phone are still my biggest problems but I have a pair of Migralens sunglasses that seem to help. I can watch the flat screen TV for a few hours (not sure that’s a good thing if I can’t work yet!l) I feel ALMOST normal. And my mood is good. The Effexpr was making me cranky. Now I’m a little flat in feeling but even-tempered.

I can live again.

Thank goodness.

My diet has been okay - not going too wild. I tried yogurt a few days ago and that caused a little wooziness. But dairy and even cheese seems fine.

I will introduce things one at a time. This is a hard-won stability after 6 months and it still feels totally precarious. But soooo thankful to be able to drive and exercise.

Thank you mvertigo friends. You saved me.

Shazam

2 Likes

Wow, excellent!!

considering that Dr. Hain recommends effexor or ami/nortriptyline as first line I’d appreciate for those who’ve tried any to let me know if they’ve had any success with any? I’m so confused and dunno which one to start next

I heard effexor is difficult to wean off later even at small doses so was thinking of trying either one of the other 2 first but Dr Hain seems to recommend effexor much more highly but I’ve read alot of horror stories here about it

so confusing

sigh

@GetBetter started with Ami I believe and added Effexor. That’s probably the most logical order for the reasons you state. You may not need to add anything else, you never know …

1 Like

I’m considering nortriptyline aa ots less sedating and from wat I’ve read on the forum ppl havw jad more success with than effexor

Actually I think Ami is the most ‘successful’ med, according to our big poll, but of course there are exceptions, and as you can see Nori is also very well received.

Also, the sedation aspect is useful if it helps you sleep. If you have no issue with sleeping then it’s moot.