Does this sound like Vesibular Migraine - newbie after help

Hi guys

Im just looking for a bit of help really on my dizziness

Ive never had a migraine in my life but back in June, I woke up from an afternoon nap, I tried to get out of bed but was overcome with dizziness and nausea, I was pale, sweating and the room was spinning, I could only lie down and close my eyes and after about 4 hours I felt better and was able to eat a normal dinner, this was my first mini attack.

2 weeks later I was up a ladder cutting back a hedge, I was looking into the sun, I came down the ladder and the sudden dizziness and nausea hit me, I managed to stumble up to bed, this time it took a week before I was able to walk again

6 weeks after that attack in August I had my worst attack, I woke up in the morning and tried to get out of bed, I had tremendous pressure in my head, it was painful but my head felt super heavy, it felt super dizzy, the room was spinning and it felt like I like was going to fall off the bed, I couldnt tolerate any head movement, my eyes hurt and also I couldnt tolerate any sound, all I could do was lie perfectly still in a darkened room, I kept vomiting on and off for about 24 hours, this attack seemed to ruin my balance completly, it took me about 2 weeks before I could walk again and about 1 month before I could drive short distances

The problem im having is I still havent recovered much, I feel constantly dizzy, my eyes are sensitive to light, I have tingling in my hands, i dont have much tolerance to head movement and my eyes struggle to change focus, basically im struggling

This had really scared me and ive taken drastic action Im drinking only water and eating only meat, grains, veg and fruit, im taking magnesium, b2, and q10

I havent had another attack but its having a major impact on my life, it seems to maybe very slowly getting better but as this rate it will take years

Ive been to the doctors once but to be honest he wasnt that helpful and just said it will pass.

Look up the migraine diet - plenty of fruits and vegetables could be making things worse. Read the MAV survival guide elsewhere on this site and above all, get to a better doctor. See if there is an ENT doctor near you who knows about balance disorders.

I am really sorry you are having such a hard time.

I can only advise you to try to find a good neurologist or ENT doctor as soon as possible. Hang in there because this will improve. There is plenty of medication out there that can help you along with the diet and lifestyle modifications that you can read about here.

I also had a lot of horrible synthoms on an off for a long time until I got the right medication that brought me back to a normal life. It is truly important too to keep as positive and calm as you can. I was really scared and hopeless and that only made everything worse… Now I am having a relapse. When the synthoms came back again, I was mentally much stronger than I was. I kept calm, got time off work and started working again with my neuro for a soon recovery.