Discourse versus Facebook Group

My understanding is that the initial plan was to migrate from the old forum to Facebook, but that we moved to Discourse to keep the forums alive after some popular outcry.

It seems to me that there isn’t as much activity here as there used to be. I have kept away from Facebook on principle, but is that where the real community is? What is the balance of activity at this point between the forums and Facebook?

I don’t know as I also refuse to use Facebook on principle; all I can say is please don’t sacrifice your principles to peer pressure, if everyone did that the world would be in a much worse condition. :wink:

Really though, do we want a single organization to know every last intimate detail about everyone’s lives on the entire planet? Looking back through history whenever that happened things didn’t turn out very well for most people.

Both exist together. The Facebook group has 1,000 members all interacting very quickly. This group is much slower at the moment. I have to admit I haven’t been here much.

I wondered the same

I’m relatively new to this site but I try to check in about once a week. I’d be really disappointed if this forum were migrated to Facebook, as I stopped using it on principle years ago and would no longer be able to participate. If there’s already a Facebook community, why move this community to Facebook as well? Users on this site can go to Facebook to participate in that community if they want and then come here to participate in this one. No need to double up on any one site.

Yeah, and I’d be very concerned about discussing medical matters on Facebook.

Hey guys,
I like this site a great deal and find it has been very important. I would not be on FB because of privacy concerns.
Best wishes,
Liv

2 Likes

I know that there had been an issue with logging on for a while. It was on read only, which was recently changed. That could be why no one was posting.

Oh its unlocked again, perhaps the admin was having a holiday :sunny: