Difference between BPPV and MAV do you have to have nystagmus?

I think MAV and positional vertigo can coexist. Or rather it’s all part of the same disease. I’ve had positional vertigo during my MAV and I have to sleep on an incline to reduce risk of vertigo and improve comfort. I’m not the only one. It looks like his is true for the majority of MAVers according to my poll (over 2 to 1!!!). This proves to me MAV is NOT simply a migraine condition and there is probably something physical going on that is CAUSING the migraines.

http://www.mvertigo.org/t/poll-does-your-position-in-bed-seem-to-affect-your-level-of-comfort-and-symptoms/14450?u=turnitaround

Remember also that BPPV is a DOGMA based hypothesis. There is NO CONCLUSIVE PROOF that it is caused by displaced otoconia. Show me ONE SCAN that shows this?!

If we substitute the words “positional vertigo” for BPPV I believe we are getting closer to the truth.

EDIT: Recently scientists discovered a pressure valve in the inner ear. I hypothesise that the treatment for positional vertigo might work by applying acute centrifugal force on the ear might cause this valve to open thus reducing the inner ear pressure instantly.

Over use of this procedure is known to cause Hydrops. This only helps substantiate my theory.