Comparing Helpful Diets (corrected)

You’ve had a stressful week. It was very busy at work and you have something boring you must attend Saturday night. You have been off your low-everything-good diet for two days , including that whole piece of decadent chocolate birthday cake. You only slept 6 hours last night. Your neck is now cracking when you turn it, your nose is running and your sinuses are full. You are aware of tingling in your lips, your bad ear is full and you have small flurries of vertigo. It would be easy to wonder about allergies as a real cause of your problems or perhaps the whiplash you had ten years ago. ( We know, of course, that it is migraine and all of these symptoms are on the migraine continuum.) Maybe you just wish it was allergy because then you think you could eat more desirable items. Sorry. The diets for allergy (low histamine) and headache/migraine (low tyramine, et al) and even for tannins as a cause (low tannin diet) are all very similar. The foods to avoid really overlap.

Here are the sites where you can see how similar the diets are in elimination, restriction and rotation. And then see my chart afterwards for a comparison summary. I included the Zone Diet because people have been successful using it to eat three balanced meals and two snacks at the same time everyday to regulate insulin levels. For different reasons, these similar diets all work. The chart does not fit well into this format so please visit me for “Diet Comparison Chart” at www.vertigotalesandtastes.blogspot.com if you are interested.