Chronic Subjective Dizziness

So interesting to read your post. I too have been taking Klonipin at night before bed…0.5 mg… for a few years now. I feel the worst staring around dinner time and up until I go to sleep most nights. I’ve often wondered if that’s because my body is withdrawing from Klonopin by the end of the day and makes me feel bad? I attempted to ween off and got to .25 mg for some time, but my symptoms came back and wouldn’t let up so I went back to the full .5 mg so I could at least get good rest. I’ve also been on 10 mg of Lexapro for 4 plus years. Interesting to think these could actually be part of the problem when they were given to me to help. :(. I’d love to hear how you’re doing!

well I am here to say they do make things worse in the long run. I had been on Zoloft for GAD 15 yrs when it stopped working. had to start taking kpin. that too stopped working.
came off the Zoloft june 2015 and MAV kicked in BAD. switched to valium to taper off of and am having a real hard time.

so much confusion as to what is MAV and what is w/d

I know a lot is MAV since I had it slightly most of my life b4 meds. also have had classic migraines all my life.

all I do know is the only way to get off these drugs is to go really slowly and at very small amounts…

An interesting thread on CSD now known as PPPD

Contentious as it might be I could go with this one.

Here’s where I think it’s possible to separate the CSD/PPPDers from the MAVers. Surely anyone with a Balance Disorder would have problems skiing.

I too am taking Zoloft but am taking klonopin for a month because mg symptoms turned chronic again. They didn’t mention anything about pppd but the klonopin is taking the edge off. I’m worried what happens when I have to wean off

Hi there

Can I ask what Dr S has said about the ssri meds?

I’m currently on nortriptaline without success but have also been diagnosed with csd.

I’ve thought about going on venlafaxine but haven’t brought this up with the doc yet .