Celiac disease or gluten intolerance linked to mav?

https://youtu.be/hPOP88oI3Cg

It sort of makes sense for me. I do have keratosis pilaris(chicken skin) on my chest, back of the arms, forearms, buttocks and thighs. I never knew what this condition was until i looked it up and looked st the pics and looked at mine and its the same.

My stool always was never firm and had a diarhea consistsncy but it wasnt. It just looked loose. So it can be ibs? Few years ago, it felt like i had something on the lower left stomach area like stool but docs couldnt figure it out after with many visits and scans and still have thet feeling.

I couldnt pinpoint what it was but some food whenever i ate, i would get this hair raising sensation on the back of the head but not all food did that. I think hamburger did that and i know the bread contains gluten.

I did have like a hive type of rash this summer around my buttocks area and docs couldnt figure it out. One doc thought it was shingles or herpes and came out negative. I do remember what i ate before the hives and it was at a polynesian restaurant which probably had tons of gluten.

I will try to get a gluten intolerance test tomorrow and eat gluten free today which is a shame because i was doing good on the mav diet

Dizziness is a symptom of over 100 diseases. I thought i had multiple sclerosis then i thought i have vitamin B12 deficiency. I was wrong every time. So give yourself a break and go with the migraine plan for now.

2 Likes

I also have keratosis pilaris. It can be seen in those with a gluten sensitivity but also with non food related things like dry skin. I cut out gluten for a month, along with many other things, to see if it would help my head since food sensitivities can aggravate MAV. Unfortunately it didn’t help as much as I would have hoped. Having said that, if you’re having gut issues along with MAV symptoms it doesn’t hurt to try to cut it out for a while and see if there’s an improvement. It’s not easy though since it’s hidden in many things. In the meantime I’d say skip stick to the migraine diet and start moisturizing the areas with keratosis pilaris. I’d also skip the gluten intolerance test since the best way to test for that is an elimination diet.

1 Like