Bromazepam – Lexotan

Hi All,

Have any of you guys tried this benzo? A prof who works in here with me wrote me a script for this when I explained what’s currently going on.

On Monday night I had a small stress out, nothing big at all but it lit the anxiety fuse and escalated into a full blown episode of hell and continues even now despite the real external thing not being an issue now. I have no idea where this is going because I’m without any SSRI in my veins. It appears I have an underlying anxiety disorder from VN days that just likes to run wild when prodded. I feel rough as guts at work today and only hanging in because of valium. But I might try this other one tonight which Lisa tells me is similar to Clonazepam.

I’m reluctant as hell to go down the SSRI route yet again. I’m truly over those meds but might have to face the inevitable I suppose. :frowning:

Scott

man I feel for you. haven’t tried the benzo so can’t tell; I got some oxazepam on prescriptin which is lying around cause I haven’t felt the need to take it just yet.

Was it the sexual side-effects that made the ssri-experience intolerable or was it something else? I heard some get headaches on those.

• Mike

Mike,

Paxil caused more headaches in the end, as in all the time and made me feel weird. Cip caused tons of neck pain and myalgia and made headaches from showers much worse. I can’t tolerate any of the other SSRIs. They all make me feel way too freaked out. Lexapro may be my last ditch attempt and then I’m going to leap off the Sydney Harbour Bridge (kidding). I wonder too if this is just some hard core withdrawal that has taken 12 days to hit and will go away? Not sure what to make of this. I’m going to white-knuckle this a little bit longer though before caving in.

Thanks for your reply … Scott :shock:

yeah I cant take any ssris either, my stomach goes on strike… lol.

• Mike :slight_smile:

Hey Scott,

wondering what this benzo would do vs. the valium? Don’t they all work about the same with differing amounts of half lives? There is a med I found for anxiety that is not a benzo I asked my neuro about. IT’s called hydroxyzine. You can check it out at wikipedia. It is good for sedative measures (sleep issues I think would be helped) and the anxiety. It says it shares almost none of the abuse or dependence of the benzos. Let me know what you think? Also, my pdoc recommended buspar as an augmentation to the Cymbalta as I’m still having some issues and feel serotonin more needed than Norephinephrine.

(the following excerpts from Wiki)
Buspirone functions as a serotonin 5-HT1A receptor partial agonist.[4] It is this action that is thought to mediate its anxiolytic and antidepressant effects.

Buspirone’s chemical structure and mechanism of action are completely unrelated to those of the benzodiazepines, but it purportedly has an efficacy comparable to that of diazepam (Valium) in treating GAD.[2][3] Unlike the benzodiazepines, buspirone shows no potential for addiction or dependence, and the development of tolerance has not been observed. Furthermore, cross-tolerance to benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and alcohol, as well as other GABAergics, is not present either. Additionally, it is non-sedating[citation needed], non-cognitive/memory impairing, and has a generally very favorable side effect profile.

So these are some options for anxiety that aren’t benzo related…

Kelley

Found a stash of these a couple of weeks ago from my mother’s box of medicines. Asked her when and why she used them. She said she was depressed/tensed due to some past family issues and she wasn’t able to sleep in those days so her doc prescribed her these. She said initially it helped her a lot but eventually the drug stopped working as well so she came off it. She has done well since then without it. So since I had easy access to this drug, I tried it in place valium but it didn’t do too much for me. I have plenty of these so might try it again later though they r almost expired.

I have read online that as long as benzo’s are in their original packing but have expired as per the outside label, they can still be used for a good couple of years. What do u all think? I don’t think drugs stop working when they get expired as per its outside label as long they have not had any exposure to moisture

If they are past the use by date, dispose of them. The excipients and active ingredients in medicines degrade over time packaged or not. S