Bananas

Hi all, I ate some bananas last night (2 to be exact) and they were super overripe. I am on the verge of a migraine today behind my left eye despite the gabapentin, which doesn’t seem that effective if I eat certain trigger foods. It doesn’t help the weather is stormy. I just got the “Heal Your Headache” book and will try to follow it more closely next week. Hope you guys have a better end of the week

Could have been the gluten I ate last night too. No idea but the pressure/pain is really bad in my left eye and face today. :frowning: xx

Hmm I’d say it was probably the bananas. They’re a big no no. I think they have a lot of tyramine, and all the more the riper they are. Hope it passes soon.

Thanks for the input, Scottl! I really appreciate it. The food trigger stuff is perplexing but maybe isn’t rocket science. I should read that “heal your headache” book that arrived by Amazon yesterday and follow it more closely for sure. I had so many overripe bananas yesterday and today my left eye feels like it’s about to explode out of my head. :frowning:

I used to get horrid migraines after eating a banana. I think it might be the starch.
I have not had a banana in ages, and I’m not going to risk it!

Very interesting, Andrea! Yes Bananas suck, and so does red wine… OMG I had both last week, what was I thinking and got a migraine to end all migraines! It’s gone now but I’m still left with some ear crackling from it. Bizarre. Not sure if I also managed to eat some MSG on top of everything else. It was quite a crazy week. Hoping for a better one next week. Hope you’re feeling better too! xx

I don’t drink real at all perhaps 3 drinks per year, and always clear alcohol, so perhaps a vodka/soda.
I don’t get too much tennitus, but it has been getting worse. I just get chronic migraines - now down to about 15 per month from about 25-28. Just sucks.
I am on a cocktail of medication, and watching everything I put in my mouth - msg,starch, additives, I swear, someone has to just look at me crooked. And then the weather, which is beyond control. Some days I am just so tired.
I hope you are a better, watching what you eat and doing your best to take care of yourself. Just keep pushing through!

What are other triggers, and maybe some fixes for you?

Andrea

Yeah I sometimes wonder if the meds are worth it if they just end up making me feel bloated and more tired - they do contain the MAV to some degree but I think that in some ways I was more functional without them. Or maybe not. I don’t know. I think my major triggers are overripe fruits and caffeine. I hope you feel better soon. I know that at 200mg of gaba 3x per day I am able to contain my migraines well but I get edema after a few days on it. Not terrible but I don’t like weighing more than I normally do for no reason due to water weight! Not sure what to do but I guess I will try the supplements that worked before and see what happens for the next few days. Best, Liv