Amitryptaline, more brain fog?

So I’ve been on Ami for about a month or so now, I was on 10 mg and nothing was different so I was upped to 25 and although I have a clearer mind (i.e. Memory is back, cognitive deficits aren’t so strong, sleeping better) I feel like a nervous wreck and my brain fog seems as though it’s increasing. It feels like my brain is filled with wool, like I’m walking chest deep through mud. Does it go away or is this just a side effect? I’m tired of cancelling plans because I feel so weird and dazed out. I start classes again at uni soon and can’t feel like this forever. My next option from the doc is Verapamil. Anything helps! Thanks!

Also- I exercise daily and take vitamins if that makes a difference.

Strangely I only had brain fog once. I think this is a migraine breakthrough and not the Ami.

Do you mean breakthrough as in you think it’s getting better? Or vice versa? Thanks!

No as in you’ve been unlucky and got a symptom so strong the meds have not been able to contain it. It doesn’t mean the med is no longer helping you. You could try going up in dose or simply wait it out. All symptoms tend to wax and wane.

I feel for you. The brain fog symptoms is horrible :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you so much, I hope it clears too :persevere: